Subject: Re: mouse pads
To: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
From: David Conran <lucifer@dstc.edu.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/05/1996 09:44:02
Julian Bean writes ...

> At 11:55 am 4/4/96, Jason Downs wrote:
> >I've been reading the Sun hardware FAQ, and it states that Sun3 mice
> >used a mouse pad with `broad stripes', as opposed to the later mice that
> >used `narrow stripes'.  Does anyone know for sure whether or not the older
> >mice will work with the newer pads?  I've got mice without pads.
>
> I am fairly sure they won't, although I can't remember if I ever tried...

Well .. I am living proof it does work.
I am using my SUN3/50 on one a SPARC mouse pad.
I'd didn't ven think it wouldn't work.
SUN3 mouse part#:
401162-529/A
SN ELT CR26963
SUN 370-1169-01

Mouse Pad:
NCV 402105-003

The optical mice I have used seem to work on all mouse pads ... Large grid
or fine.

David
--
 _--_|\  David Conran,                          Voice: +61-7-3365-4307
/      * Senior Systems Administrator           Fax:   +61-7-3365-4311