Subject: Re: mouse pads
To: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
From: bill bradford <mrbill@ionet.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/04/1996 21:52:39
At 04:25 PM 4/4/96 -0800, you wrote:
>On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Jason Downs wrote:
>
>> I've been reading the Sun hardware FAQ, and it states that Sun3 mice
>> used a mouse pad with `broad stripes', as opposed to the later mice that
>> used `narrow stripes'.  Does anyone know for sure whether or not the older
>> mice will work with the newer pads?  I've got mice without pads.
>I believe it will work.  I have a 3/80 with a type 4 keyboard and mouse
>which sits on top of a Sparc 20.  To save space I have only one mouse pad
>and it is the newer one that came with the 20.  However, this is the
>mouse that uses a din-8 plug, and not the RJ-45 that the REALLY old mice
>use.

I've got a Type-3 keyboard with mouse with RJ45, and a SS1 with Type4 and
mouse, and a SLC with type4 and mouse, and a Type-4 keyboard with mouse
(that goes on the Sun3), and we have a Sparc10 at the office with type5, another
Sparc1 with type4, and even a Solbourne Sparc clone.  All the mouse pads are
interchangeable - the metal pads that came with my type3 kb/mouse and the
type4s are *identical*.  In fact, I haven't seen a Sun optical mouse pad so far
that WOULDNT work with the "square" Mouse Systems mice.

Bill Bradford <mrbill@ionet.net>
Bill Bradford - mrbill@ionet.net - ircadmin@ionet.net
IONet UNIX Systems Administration