Subject: Re: Progress on the "Everything dumps core" problem
To: None <moore@cs.utk.edu>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/27/1996 19:06:05
>> I think I may have discovered a good clue to help track down
>> the "Everything dumps core" problem.  First, I've have not
>> seen this problem on the 3/260 in ages.  Second, on the 3/60
>> the problem disappears with si_obio_options set to zero.
>>
>> Are these observations consistent with what others see?
>
>Well, on my 3/75 (with vme si controller) the problem did not occur with the
>polled scsi driver, but occured reliably with the dma turned on, even if that
>was the only change.
>
>That would make the problem related to DMA but not specific to obio.
>
>Keith

My 3/50 always runs diskless, and has always had the 'everything core
dumps' problem [well, not exactly everything core dumps all the time,
sometimes it is only the things the use shared libraries].  So I guess
I would be inclined to suspect a more general problem.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org