Subject: memory errors
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@gateway.sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/12/1996 03:29:32
  Well, I didn't do much to my box over Feb, IETF and ISOC and a whole
bunch of real work to do.
  It ran fine.
  Now I'm up compiling sup to suck the latest kernel, and what do I
get?

  Another memory error.
  I've rotated all my SIMMs. This should cause the error, if it is
memory related to *move*

  I get:

MEMORY ERROR!  Status D2, DVMA-BIT 0, Context 7,
  Vaddr: 1A000, Paddr: 00238000, Type 0 at 0x0E08F2CC.

  If I 'machine halt' things. Always 00238000.  D2 status. Everything
else changes.

  Now where was that interpretation of the status bits again???

  I'm going to assume that this is really either my decoder, or some
other motherboard part. I think I can get another 3/60 empty and try
it.