Subject: NetBSD vs SunOS 4.1.1
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eng-Teck Lee <elee1@mustang.uwo.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/01/1996 20:53:49
  I finally got around to removing SunOS 4.1.1 and installing NetBSD (1.1)
on the system.  I've noticed it seems somewhat slower than SunOS when it
comes to disk access and was wondering if there are anyways to improve this
safely?  Also when it comes to adding users it's a pain which leads me to
wonder if there is a natural "add_user" program for it?

  My system configuration is a 3/60 (Rom 1.6), 8 Megs, and 340 meg SCSI-1
HD.
The Network connection seems slower also but I attribute this to the disk
access since it seems to be a good assumption from the amount of disk
access I get and the difference in cpu overhead (much higher in NetBSD).

  Also like the change from the heart beat pattern, any chance of changing
it to maybe altering it to different patterns?  =)

Eng-Teck