Subject: Re: Can't partition and format Sun3 disk
To: Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
From: michael smith <miff@lovely.spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/31/1995 14:15:15
On Sat, 30 Dec 1995, Tom Samplonius wrote:
> > 	The Sun3 shoebox uses a DB50.
>
>   The key part of my question is whether it is a _standard_ connector, or
> whether Sun messed with the pin assignment.

It's "standard" in that a normal 3-row DB50 crimp connector will crimp onto
a 50-way ribbon cable and be compatible with a standard SCSI centronics-50
or double-row 50-way crimp header on the same cable.

I have a piece of ribbon here with one of each gender of each connector
on it that I use for patching purposes, so I know for a fact that this
works.

> Tom

Mike