Subject: Re: Can't partition and format Sun3 disk
To: Brett Glass <Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/29/1995 16:12:10
On Fri, 29 Dec 1995, Brett Glass wrote:

> Does someone out there have the tools to add a format utility to the
> NetBSD 1.1 install tape?  If not, I'll be in the awkward position of
> having to find and run the SunOS install before I can install NetBSD.

An alternative would be to hook the shoebox up to an Adaptec SCSI
controller or something similar on a PC and use the ROM utilities
in that to format the drive and verify it. This seemed to work on my
shoebox, though I'm having plenty of other problems that I'll get in
to one day when I've more time. :-)

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.