Subject: Re: Can't partition and format Sun3 disk
To: Mauricio Tavares <raub@kushana.aero.ufl.edu>
From: Denis Fortin <fortin@zap.qc.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/28/1995 04:43:01
On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> While shopping for shruberries, Brett Glass pondered:
> > Can it instruct the Emulex bridge board to do a low-level format on the
> > drive?
>
> 	AFAIK, there is a command called rzdisk that allows you to low
> level format a hard drive.

rzdisk?  really?  Are you sure that this wasn't an Ultrix-only command?
(Digital's SCSI disks used to be the RZ series in the DECsystem 5000 days
and I always thought that the "rzdisk" command was simply a simple
Ultrix-only command that DEC whipped up to provide an interface to some of
the SCSI-specific ioctls that those RZ disks had.)

Denis, who still has an RZ57 hanging off his Windows 95 PC (yes I know
       that it's weird)

Denis Fortin                                                    fortin@acm.org
DMR Group Inc, (514) 877-3301                        These opinions are my own