Subject: Further Install Trials and Tribulations
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/26/1995 00:23:47
Well, I've perservered on with the Sun 3/50 install, but still have
had no luck. I formatted the disk and relabeled it, and dd still
refuses to copy the miniroot to the disk (giving the `read-only'
error).  I put the disk on a 386, labeled it, and copied the
miniroot, but when I tried to boot it on the Sun the Sun thought
there was no disklabel there. (I guess the disklabels aren't
compatable--sigh.)

Could this be something odd with the shoebox I'm using? It seems
to be a standard one with the tape drive, Emulex controller, and
Toshiba EDSI drive. Should I try to dig up a `real' SCSI drive and
use that? The shoebox did have SunOS 4.1.1 on it and boot all right
before I started in on this.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.