Subject: Netbooting 1.1
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/24/1995 16:54:02
I'm trying to netboot a Sun 3/50 to get 1.1 up and running, and I'm
having a bit of a problem. The initial RARP and tftp (to load netboot)
works fine. The netboot starts up, saying

	>> NetBSD netboot [$Revision: 1.2$]
	Requesting Internet address for <ethernet address of this machine>

It then sits there spinning its little line around very, very slowly
and doing nothing else. A packet trace shows that nothing is ever
sent by the Sun once the tftp is completed.

I had a look in inst11alpha on the FTP site as well as install,
but both directories have the same binary of netboot.

The SunOS 4.1.1 boot (from the Xkernel kit) works fine, and I'm
using that to boot right now, so this problem isn't urgent.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.