Subject: Re: Sun 3/50 Networking Problems
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@latour.sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/21/1995 18:28:46
>>>>> "michael" == michael smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au> writes:
    michael>    No, but it would be really cool if a new PAL could
    michael> enable the 3/60 to take say 4M simms.  Dunno if the
    michael> address lines for that are connected.

    michael> Looking at the board, it would appear not (although short
    michael> of dismembering it it's hard to tell).

  Assuming you could the ram part of the board to cooperate, you have
an additional problem: is the address space set up to handle this?
What about the MMU?
  Somehow, I suspect you may run into a 32Mb limit or something.

    michael> Now, if Sun were to make this sort of information public
    michael> (a gesture of goodwill and patronage to the many 68K
    michael> designers around), such an upgrade would become a

  Like, Sun even takes service calls on sun3s anymore :-)
  (maybe so... I ran into a 3/280 in production use a customer site.
It is the good old mailhub, and they aren't a big unix shop anyway)