Subject: Re: Sun 3/50 Networking Problems
To: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
From: Mauricio Tavares <raub@kushana.aero.ufl.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/21/1995 17:53:58
While shopping for shruberries, Curt Sampson pondered:

> On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>
> > 	I wonder:  if one were to take those soldered RAM chips and
> > replace them by sockets and larger capacity RAMs, would the 3/50
> > acknowldge the improvement?
>
> If that chip format has enough address lines for chips larger than
> 256Kx1 and these extra address lines are hooked up on the motherboard,
> one could then try to track down these chips, unsolder all 144 of
> the old ones, and solder in all 144 of the new ones. What fun! :-)

	Well, people used to do that to upgrade the original Mac 128 to
512.  Ok, it was not 144 chips (they were 16), but if you have nothing to
do and there is a nice snowstorm outside... =)

--

| Mauricio Tavares          | "We will attack...                          |