Subject: Conner 1.08GB drive & 3/50
To: port-sun3 <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mauricio Tavares <raub@kushana.aero.ufl.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/20/1995 11:31:06
	I am planning on installing NetBSD 1.1 in a currently diskless
3/50.  To do that, I bought a Conner 1.08GB SCSI drive, which I will
install in an external case, and a DB50->Centronics 50 cable.  I will try
to install it from an Exabyte 8200 8mm tape drive.  Here are my questions:

	o Will the 3/50 be happy with the Exabyte?
	o I do not remember seeing much stuff in the install documentation
	  regarding partitioning a drive before installing NetBSD.  Is it
	  assumed we are using the default configuration, whatever it
	  might be?
	o The installation docs also mentioned using a terminal connected to
	  the Sun's serial port during the installation process.  Do I *need*
	  that?  Can't I simply use the machine's screen/keyboard?

--

| Mauricio Tavares          | "We will attack...                          |