Subject: Re: Sun3x
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Denis Fortin <fortin@zap.qc.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/16/1995 08:55:26
On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Dec 1995 16:42:19 -0500 (EST) "Joseph C. Blackburn" wrote:
>  > Is there any Sun3x ports in the near furture?
> I have some documentation and a few architectural ideas for such a port
> (including merging it with the current sun3 port), but I don't directly
> have access to a) a machine, b) time.

Actually, people have been discussing on and off the possibility of
completing the port to the sun3x architecture, but nothing solid has ever
come out of it.  There are a few minor technical problems (like the fact
what hardware documentation we have seems to be somewhat incomplete), but
I believe that those could likely be worked around if it weren't for the
overriding problem that nobody can seem to find enough time to work on it.

Sigh.

Denis, running SunOS 4.1.1 on his 3/80 for now.

Denis Fortin                                                    fortin@acm.org
DMR Group Inc, (514) 877-3301                        These opinions are my own