Subject: diskless boot of 3/60 fails mounting root?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: michael smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/14/1995 01:03:12
Greetings people!

Firstly, thanks for all the great info that's made its way into the
mailing list archives; I've cleared any number of hurdles just by
reading and rereading them 8)

Anyway, I'm at the point where my 1.6/1.9 PROM 3/60 is happily sucking
the 1.1 kernel from my FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE server. (Courtesy of the new
netboot, huzzah!)

After all the probing and such; it dies with :

nfs_boot: using network interface 'le0'
nfs_boot: client_addr=0xca004b02
nfs_boot: server_addr=0xca004b01
nfs_boot: hostname=salty
panic: nfs_boot: mountd swap, error=72

Now, I'm not (yet) in possession of the kernel sources, but 72 doesn't
map to any NFS error I can find referenced.  I do recall some
discussion about the FreeBSD NFS server not allowing mounts of files;
is this likely to cause this problem?

Various:

lovely:~>cat /etc/bootparams
salty   root=lovely:/local2/export/salty/root \
        swap=lovely:/local2/export/salty/swap

lovely:~>cat /etc/exports
/local2 -maproot=root -alldirs salty

lovely:~>ls -l /local2/export/salty
total 24601
drwxr-xr-x  14 root  wheel       512 Dec 14 00:33 root
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel  25165824 Nov 27 00:54 swap

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Mike