Subject: Re: diskless boot of 3/60 fails mounting root?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/13/1995 16:40:20
> After all the probing and such; it dies with :

> nfs_boot: using network interface 'le0'
> nfs_boot: client_addr=0xca004b02
> nfs_boot: server_addr=0xca004b01
> nfs_boot: hostname=salty
> panic: nfs_boot: mountd swap, error=72

> Now, I'm not (yet) in possession of the kernel sources, but 72
> doesn't map to any NFS error I can find referenced.

72 is EBADRPC; <errno.h> includes the comment /* RPC struct is bad */
for this error.  I couldn't say who's at fault without seeing packet
contents; if you can capture the packet contents somehow and get them
to me, I'll be glad to unpack them and see if I can see anything.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu