Subject: Re: "wanted 10 got 6"
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@sj.xenotropic.com>
From: Chris Callanan <ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/07/1995 21:30:53
User Jason Thorpe, was known to have said:

> Folks...
>
> After the discussion there re. ancient drives rejecting commands
> generated by the MI scsi code, I took a whack at fixing it, and the
> patches below have eliminated the "wanted 10 got 6"-type short command
> transfers for me.  I was able to do 7 concurrent reads and 7 concurrent
>
> Attached are the patches below.  Folks who are having trouble with
> rejected commands, please try these out.  They work for me on my 3/60 and
> my 4/260 (which is also running dej's 5380 driver).  If there are no
> objections, I'll check these in to the tree.

ok... i'm interested in these patches...

but, being new to this whole netbsd thing, how does one go about
patching them?? ;)

is there a readme, or a faq or something out there that could
explain this to me?

thanx
--chris

--
  Chris Callanan - CpE major       ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu
              http://www.elee.calpoly.edu/~ccallana

  "She was so absolutely digital, To jack in now was wrong" InSoc