Subject: Re: segmentation and bus errors
To: Trent McNair <trent@rmci.net>
From: GOOD TIMES <mastoc@rpi.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/05/1995 04:29:30
> Someone posted about this problem about a month ago, I didn't see an
> answer though.
> I'm using a diskless 3/50 w/ Linux nfs serving. After some use I start
> getting segmentation errors along with an occasional bus error.  The only
> way to sove the problem is to shut off the machine and reboot.
> I'm using all 1.1 stuff (save the bootblock, linux-xkernel).
> Anyone have any idears?

Unfortunately, I have the same exact problem.  Fortunately, I stumbled
onto a quick fix in a moment of trying random things.  When this
problem occurs, drop to ddb and type "call nfs_init".  It should print
some numbers.  Then do a "c".  If yours is like mine, everything will
be working again.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what is wrong.  It seems to be related
to dynamic linking.

I am also using Linux to serve NFS.  I believe that's part of it somehow.
--
 ___
[_ _] It's the | Christopher "GOOD TIMES VIRUS" Masto | Kibo said