Subject: Re: My 3/60 keyboard
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Rahim Azizarab <ray@tezcat.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/03/1995 18:28:32
On Sun, 3 Dec 1995, der Mouse wrote:

> Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 14:41:02 -0500
> From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
> To: ray@tezcat.com
> Cc: port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: My 3/60 keyboard

> >> Sounds to me like a blown keyboard power fuse.  [...]
> > Nop, There is nothing wrong with your hardware.  It is just the
> > EEPROM setting.
>
> Not quite.  The EEPROM setting may need changing too, but if you reread
> the original posting, you'll see that

> which to me says that the keyboard and mouse aren't getting power,
> which is why I said it sounds like a blown keyboard power fuse.  (If
> the keyboard is plugged in, it powers up with the motherboard
> regardless of the EEPROM settings...at least if the fuse is good :-)
>
> 					der Mouse
>
> 			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

lets assume that he has a bad.  He should still get output on his monitor.
I  noticed someone else wrote that the correct eeprom address for monitor is
1f.  That is correct.  For monocrome monitor, it should be set to 12 for
color to 16.

     .--.  __  .---------     Rahim Azizarab
    / /  \(  )/   ----        1925 S. 3rd Ave
   ////  ' \/ ` ---           Maywood,  IL  60153
  // / / :    :--             708-344-6994
       =UU====UU=             ray@tezcat.com