Subject: Re: My 3/60 keyboard
To: None <ray@tezcat.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/03/1995 14:41:02
>>> I've just gotten a keyboard, mouse, and monitor for my 3/60.  The
>>> problem is, it still sends output to [ttya].
>> Sounds to me like a blown keyboard power fuse.  [...]
> Nop, There is nothing wrong with your hardware.  It is just the
> EEPROM setting.

Not quite.  The EEPROM setting may need changing too, but if you reread
the original posting, you'll see that

>>> the light on the mouse doesn't go on and external loopback to the
>>> keyboard fails.

which to me says that the keyboard and mouse aren't getting power,
which is why I said it sounds like a blown keyboard power fuse.  (If
the keyboard is plugged in, it powers up with the motherboard
regardless of the EEPROM settings...at least if the fuse is good :-)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu