Subject: Re: extra P4 on 3/60
To: Chris Callanan <ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu>
From: Rahim Azizarab <ray@tezcat.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/02/1995 08:31:50
On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Chris Callanan wrote:

> Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 23:46:23 -0800 (PST)
> From: Chris Callanan <ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu>
> To: port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: extra P4 on 3/60
>

> interesting....
>
> i'm pokin around inside my 3/60... and i notice a place for a second
> internal P4 bus connector (no access to the external panel)
>
> any reason why not to solder a connecter in there?
>
> and are there any boards, except frame buffers that could go on
> the P4 that would make it a worthwhile mod??
>
> has anybody done this?
>
> thanx
>
> --chris
> --
>   Chris Callanan - CpE major       ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu
>               http://www.elee.calpoly.edu/~ccallana
>
>    That's a Smith and Wesson, and you've had your 6. --James Bond

Are you talking about P4b which is unused?  what do you think could be
connected there?  Do you have any idea how to fix SCSI bus busy problem?
It is not a cable problem.  Any idea about unused 5621 just behind scsi port?
is it another SCSI port?  I also would like to find out what 9518 the big
unused chip socket was for?

     .--.  __  .---------     Rahim Azizarab
    / /  \(  )/   ----        1925 S. 3rd Ave
   ////  ' \/ ` ---           Maywood,  IL  60153
  // / / :    :--             708-344-6994
       =UU====UU=             ray@tezcat.com