Subject: parity of kernel debugging
To: None <mcr@latour.sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/29/1995 13:40:59
> Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 19:33:12 -0500
> From: Michael Richardson <mcr@latour.sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
>
>   Could the kernel debugger accept any parity?
>   The prom likes 7e1, and as far as I know, doesn't let you change
> that. The kernel debugger appears to want something different. Taylor
> cu doesn't let you change parity once you have started... ick.
>   This probably doesn't matter if you are the console...

The machines I use appear to be set for N-8-1 for PROM...

The Sun PROM monitor has the 'u' command to set tty parameters:
(We need a monitor(8) manual page...)

     u [ echo ]
     u [ port ] [ options ] [ baud_rate ]
     u [ u ] [ virtual_address ]

     With no arguments, display the current I/O  dev-
     ice  characteristics  including:  current  input
     device, current output device,  baud  rates  for
     serial  ports  A  and B, an input-to-output echo
     indicator, and virtual addresses of mapped  UART
     devices.   With  arguments, set or configure the
     current  I/O  device.   With  the   u   argument
     (uu...),   set   the   I/O   device  to  be  the
     virtual_address  of  a  UART  device   currently
     mapped.

          echo        Can be either e to enable input
                      to be echoed to the output dev-
                      ice, or ne,  to  indicate  that
                      input is not echoed.

          port        Assign the indicated port to be
                      the  current  I/O device.  port
                      can be one of:

                           a   serial port A
                           b   serial port B  (except