Subject: Re: new si and reselects
To: None <gwr@mc.com>
From: Jim Mercer <jim@reptiles.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/27/1995 15:25:10
> Here is how you turn off the debugger breaks in the si driver:
>
> # gdb -k --write /netbsd
> (kgdb) set ncr5380_debug = 0
> (kgdb) quit

much thanx, the ksrc files seems to be unpacking without a hitch.

> > is this because the default 1.1-ALPHA kernel has reselects enabled?
>
> No, it does not even have DMA enabled (so it's slow).
>
> Here is how you turn on DMA and interrupts:
> # gdb -k --write /netbsd
> (kgdb) set si_options = 3
> (kgdb) quit

and it is unpacking significantly faster.  thanx again.

> > (a slight side issue, i'm using a serial console on this beast, and
> > when it kicks into debug mode, the terminal keyboard no longer works,
> > i need to poke the reset button on the CPU to get into monitor so i can
> > reboot.)
>
> Is the EEPROM set correctly for the serial console?
> (I'm puzzled.  Serial console works OK for me...)

tuatara# eeprom
hwupdate=0 (Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969)
memsize=32
memtest=32
scrsize=1152x900
watchdog_reboot=false
default_boot=true
bootdev=sd(0,0,0)
kbdtype=0 (Sun)
console=ttya
keyclick=false
diagdev=xy(0,0,0)

should kbdtype be something other than 0?

well, hopefully by tonight, i'll have this box up and running again as
my primary news server.  this ought to stress test things.

BTW: i noticed that ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.1-ALPHA is now
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.1.

the file sizes all look the same, did anything change between
-ALPHA and the release?

--
[ Jim Mercer   Reptilian Research  merce@iguana.reptiles.org  +1 416 506-0654 ]
[  "In the blackboard jungle, the lunch box, reflecting one's identification  ]