Subject: Success with NetBSD on a Sun 3/50!!!
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/27/1995 08:54:40
Hi guys!

My woes with SCSI drives and my Sun 3/50 now seem to be over.  It appears=

that the SCSI cable I was using was either a) defective or b) too long.  =

Once I used a shorter cable, things went just peachy.  With a revision 2.=
7 ROM
I was able to tapeboot from a Wangtek 5150ES drive, and the rest is, well=
,
history...  I now have a "fully functional" Sun 3/50 running NetBSD :-) (=
Ok, I =

left out the games, due to a shortage of disk space :-) ) =

Thanks to all who provided suggestions on getting things going, and thank=
to all who worked to make NetBSD run on a Sun3.  Way cool! :-) =

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA