Subject: Re: SCSI drives and Sun 3/50's...
To: None <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
From: Julian Bean <jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/23/1995 09:00:20
>  > The new ncr_si driver is 100% compliant with the SCSI-2 standard.
>  > If a disk doesn't work, then it deviates significantly from the standard.
>
>This won't help the bootstrap, which is where most of the problems
>are. I know at least with the tape drive, that SunOs handles my tapes
>with no problem, but booting from the Cipher tape drive I have is
>dodgy (I have to have serveral trys typically).
>
>Ian

Sounds like the parity problem - the bootstrap can't cope with parity
enabled, so make sure the SCSI device with the kernel on has parity
disabled.

Any devices mounted later can be any SCSI-2 compatible devices, of course.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  |                                 |  6 Evelyn Road        |
|  Jules aka     |  jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk  |  Richmond, Surrey     |
|  Julian Bean   |                                 |  TW9 2TF    *UK*      |
|  Three things hold a secret: A lady riding in a dream, the dog that      |
|  sounds no warning, and the maid who does not scream.                    |