Subject: Re: 1.1
To: None <gwr@mc.com>
From: Chris Callanan <ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/20/1995 22:01:17
User Gordon W. Ross, was known to have said:

> > Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 15:53:40 -0800
> > From: Chris Callanan <ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu>
>
> > i downloaded the alpha 1.1 tar files and such middle of last week,
> > i just got to installing them today.
>
> I'm just about to update those.  That should help...

ok.. got the new base, the other files seemed to be the same, so i
didnt download those....

> > because of disk space, i couldnt keep both around, so i had to
> > over write some of it.
> >
> > now i cant log in.
> >
> > i can boot in single user mode
> >
> > the errors i'm getting are like this...
> >
> > Nov 18 11:20:05 duvel init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/kd,
> > sleeping
> > Nov 18 11:20:05 duvel init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttya, sleeping
> > Nov 18 11:20:36 duvel init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/kd, sleeping
> > Nov 18 11:20:36 duvel init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttya, sleeping

getting the same errors...  only new hint i can give is that it
happens right after the kernel switches from 0 to 1...

> Do the device nodes exist? (/dev/kd, /dev/ttya)

yup.... in fact i just recreated them using MAKEDEV.

any suggestions?

--c

--
  Chris Callanan - CpE major       ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu
              http://www.elee.calpoly.edu/~ccallana

   That's a Smith and Wesson, and you've had your 6. --James Bond