Subject: Re: new si and reselects
To: Gordon Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@SJ.Xenotropic.COM>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/20/1995 08:52:12
On Mon, 20 Nov 95 11:34:40 EST
 "Gordon W. Ross" <gwr@mc.com> wrote:

 > That is caused by SCSI protocol disagreement between our sd.c and
 > the Emulex firmware.  I've seen it too, and it appears to always
 > be in situations where we want to send a 10-byte command and the
 > Emulex thinks that should be a 6-byte command.  Presumably this
 > means the Emulex doesn't care about those extra command bytes...
 > I left this message in there so we would know when it happens,
 > and to gather some data about it.  Eventually we can turn it off.

Heh, well, considering that these Emulexes are the infamous
SDEV_FORCELUNS devices, I don't doubt for a second that they're goofing
on the SCSI protocol :-)  Thanx for the clarification.

 > Your disk would probably like to be reformatted...

Mmm, joy.  While I'm not really looking forward to doing that, it is
probably a good idea.  Guess I'll let an rdump run while I'm at work
today and write a quick little hack to do the format...

Jason R. Thorpe                                         thorpej@Xenotropic.COM

           Just me and my collection of obsolete computer gear(s).