Subject: ROM Revision levels supported?/Net boot problems
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Reginald J. Reed <rjr@gomab.racal.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/20/1995 11:50:58
Are there any particular ROM rev levels that *aren't* support by NetBSD
for 3/60's?  Its the only thing that I can think may be causing a problem
netbooting a 3/60.  This is what is happening:

I turn on or boot the 3/60 from le() and it acquires its IP address fine,
then tftp's the netboot program from the server (Sparc Classic with
4.1.3U1).  Netboot is loaded and shows its Revision (1.1.1.1 $).  At this
point the machine simply sits there with the following message:

	"Requesting Internet Address for [insert MAC address here]"

What in the world am I doing wrong?  I successfully have netbooted a 3/50
off of the same machine with the exact same config (I actually only
replaced the MAC in /etc/ethers, generated a new ethers NIS map and
restarted all the appropriate daemons).  The only difference between the
machines is that the 3/60 has a CG4 and a shoebox attached to it (I
wanted to netboot and then install the disk in the shoebox).

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated it!  I'm trying to set this
machine up to take home before Thanksgiving with NetBSD.  Thanks!

|Reginald J. Reed, MTS-II       | rjr@sunburn.racal.com | E1L16 [office] |
|Network Management Engineering | 305-846-4778 [voice]  | ISO 9000       |
|Racal-Datacom  Sunrise, FL     | 305-846-3244 [fax]    | "Clear Quality"|