Subject: Almost there - help anyone?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Hutchings <dhutchin@rm221b.talcott.oberlin.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/20/1995 01:58:43
Hi.  I could use a little help getting all of this stuff to work.  Here's what
I did:

Downloaded everything in arch/sun3 except X and something to do with mach3
and sprites(??).  Unzipped, untarred them all.  All of this I did in my
/home partition, which is sd0h.  I then copied /home/netbsd-gen to
/home/vmunix.  I also made an fstab file in /home/etc with the line

/dev/sd0h  /    4.2 rw 1 1

in it (I think that's right - I copied it from sunos's /etc/fstab, and changed
sd0a to sd0h).  Anyway, I reboot with

b sd (0,0,7) -bs

It runs for a bit, checks out the memory, and then

sun_3_save_symtab: bad magic

or something to that effect.  Then it continues on, up until

root on sd0h
swap on sd0b
dump on sd0b

panic: cannot mount root
stopped at 0xe07d6fa:  unlk  ab

or something close to that.

Can anyone help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated.

- Dan H