Subject: Re: new SCSI_TEST kernel results
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/12/1995 01:45:51
On Sun, 12 Nov 1995 00:59:55 -0800
 "Erik E. Fair" (Time Keeper) <fair@clock.org> wrote:

 > However, you can paint me *extremely* confused; /usr/include/sys has not
 > been updated by that process at all; the param.h file in /usr/include/sys
 > dates from October sometime. Now /usr/include/machine seems to be up to
 > date, however, kvm_mkdb #includes <sys/param.h>

But, <sys/param.h> includes <machine/param.h>.  The `make install' in
/usr/src/include only updates the files that have actually changed.

 > It looks like the Makefile for installing includes is expecting a
 > /usr/src/include/sys, maybe as a symlink to /usr/src/sys/arch/sun3/include
 > or something; but it's not there, and so pax has nothing to make an archive
 > out of.

Well, that's not really what's happening ...

 > /var is too big, and I put the sources in /home/netbsd. I thought
 > everything was working. Oh, well...
 >
 > suggestions?

a) is /usr/src pointing to the correct place (via symlink) or is BSDSRCDIR
   set properly?

b) does /sys point to /usr/src/sys (or, alternatively, the "proper place"?)

That's what pops to mind, though the includes install shouldn't care.

Ciao.