Subject: new SCSI_TEST kernel results
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/11/1995 17:31:34
1. rebuilt libkvm with the KERNBASE define does not fix the
vmstat/ps/whatever problems (unless I built it wrong).

2. installboot does not work - claims "Will load 0 blocks of 8192 each";
could this be because the booter is smaller than that? I will investigate
further. Still booting with SunOS boot stuff w/o symbols.

3. for the gent who asked for SunOS 4.1.1 SCSI transfer rates as compared
to NetBSD with SCSI DMA, I did the same test with the same disks, and the
results are comparable within a small epsilon; I will post a summary of
them here later.

Erik Fair