Subject: installboot-ing ?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/11/1995 01:51:28
Hello all,

Could anyone please give me some instructions on making a new SCSI-disk
bootable? I've managed to partition and newfs it, and it even seems to
be able to hold onto the data I put on it. But /usr/mdec/installboot at
this moment won't work.
I do ./installboot ufsboot bootxx /dev/rsd2a, after wich it complains that
it only works on ufs-filesystem. The newfs etc. were all done with the 21.
aug snapshot, and the SCSI-alfa-kernel, could that be the reason for my
problems?

Greetings from Holland, Paul

 E=  /// Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl> pe1nut@pi8daz.#twe.nld
    /// A2000HD, AmiTCP_4.0b and GG-II+ ethernet   QRV 145.575 MHz JO32KF
\\\/// "Everybody knows we live in  a world where we don't give beautiful
 \XX/ things a second chance"    Beautiful, Afraid of Sunlight, Marillion