Subject: Full source dist.
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Bean <jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/09/1995 08:49:19
Hi there all.

I am just about to set up a full, source distribution of NetBSD - to run on
a Sun3/50 and a Mac LCIII. (Including X11R6)

What I would like to now is, roughly, how much disk space will that take
up, and how much of the tree can be shared between the two.  The LC will
likely have about 800M of local disk space, and the Sun3 has 100.  I would
like to mount as much of the Sun3's filesystems over nfs as possible
without comprimising speed too much.  They will be on the same ThinNet
ethernet (assuming NetBSD/mac68k will recognise my Asante card - gulp!).

Also, are the two 68k ports binary-compatible?

Thanx for any help you can offer,

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  |                                 |  6 Evelyn Road        |
|  Jules aka     |  jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk  |  Richmond, Surrey     |
|  Julian Bean   |                                 |  TW9 2TF    *UK*      |
|  Three things hold a secret: A lady riding in a dream, the dog that      |
|  sounds no warning, and the maid who does not scream.                    |