Subject: Disks
To: None <dej@achilles.net, ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/07/1995 18:34:29
> From: dej@achilles.net (David Jones)
> Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 08:11:25 -0500 (EST)

> The si device driver shipped with the 1.0 NetBSD distribution violates
> SCSI bus specs, and the above messages are typical of the results of
> said violation.
>
> Try installing the latest -current kernel.

Note that the new driver source is there, but the config files
do not use it yet (we wanted to beat on it for a while first).
If you want to build a kernel with the new si driver, copy the
GENERIC config to SCSI_TEST and change the "si" lines:
	si? at ...
to look like this:
	ncr_si? at ...

There is a pre-built SCSI_TEST kernel available here:
	ftp netbsd.warped.com
	cd /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.1-ALPHA/sun3
	binary
	get _netbsd_gen.gz

That location also has a set of binaries (pre-release)
in case anyone would like to try them out.  Please let me
know ASAP if you discover problems with them...

Thanks,
Gordon