Subject: Re: SCSI_TEST kernel results
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/07/1995 17:24:11
In article <v02110115acbfab33c9c5@[198.68.110.3]>,
Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org> wrote:
> I just finished rebuilding the world on a 20MB Sun 3/60 with a 662MB SCSI-1
> Micropolis disk under the SCSI_TEST kernel. I also did some "dd" tests of
> the raw device while the compiles were going:

Do you have SunOS? If so, how does the new driver compare with
performance in SunOS? (I could do the dd test here, but with different
disks itr wouldn't mean much vs your numbers, and I can't run NetBSD on
my 3/60 at the moment, even as a brief test (production machine! :-< I
don't want to take a chance on scrweing something up and having to
restore the machine)