Subject: boot tape fixed
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/18/1995 11:44:42
The tapeboot program is fixed.  I've put a copy of it here:

	ftp.mc.com	/pub/gwr/*

The files in the above location should be sufficient for installing
from tape on a bare Sun3 (no SunOS) as long as your tape drive is
acceptable to the NetBSD SCSI tape driver.  I found that my ancient
Wangtek tape drives needed some "quirk" entries added, but the kernels
used in the files above have not yet been updated to support those
tape drives.  Archive tapes should work (but I don't have one).

Sources for the new tapeboot program were checked in yesterday, so
they should be available via SUP by now.

Gordon