Subject: Memory for Sun3s
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Bean <jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/08/1995 16:23:53
Re my recent post about poor Xwindows performance, there has been a flood
of responses telling me that there exist third party expansion boards which
give extra memory (the consensus seems to be that they plugged into the MMU
slot).

So, I have an appeal - does anyone out there know of a supplier still
making/selling such boards?  And at what price?  (A UK supplier would be
nice, but somehow that doesn't sound very likely...)

I hope someone can help...

While we're on the subject (sorry if this is drifting off NetBSD somewhat)
a friend of mine has picked up a Sun 3/60 virtually for free...
unfortunately at some point in its life it has mislaid its CPU (!) and FPU
(if it ever had one..).

What kind of price can one pick up 68020s and, indeed, 30-pin 1 meg simms?

Cheers,

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  |                                 |  6 Evelyn Road        |
|  Jules aka     |  jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk  |  Richmond, Surrey     |
|  Julian Bean   |                                 |  TW9 2TF    *UK*      |
|  Three things hold a secret: A lady riding in a dream, the dog that      |
|  sounds no warning, and the maid who does not scream.                    |