Subject: Re: Xwindows help
To: Julian Bean <jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/06/1995 09:45:21
[ On Thu, October  5, 1995 at 22:25:35 (+0100), Julian Bean wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Xwindows help
>
> Well, I am using NetBSD on my Sun3 as I don't have a copy of SunOS
> (interesting point - since I have a kosher Sun3/50, presumably I am (by
> definition?) licensed to run SunOS), but the impression I get is that SunOS
> would be rather faster (mind you, I am NFS booting it diskless at the
> moment, so I'm not that surprised its slow.  A friend sent neko and eyes
> and a desktop to me via X last night, and they took a while...).

Based on my brief experience with running NetBSD/sparc on a little IPC
with a lot of NFS accesses, I'm hoping NetBSD/sun3 will also be faster
than SunOS-4 on my 3/260's once the SCSI driver is "fixed"....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>