Subject: previous declaration of `catclose'
To: None <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/26/1995 10:13:44
> Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 09:44:55 -0400
> From: der Mouse <mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>

> I have three Suns: two -3/260s and a -3/150.  The -3/260s have SCSI
> cards in them, but I think they're the ones NetBSD doesn't work with
> (si instead of sc, or the other way around - I forget which is which).

The "Sun3 SCSI" board uses the "si" driver, and the "Sun2 SCSI" board
uses the "sc" driver.  (We only have an "si" driver right now.)

> They're also the ones where you get the interface to the SCSI chain off
> a bunch of pins on the VME backplane.  But the -3/150 has a newer SCSI
> card, with a DB-50 on the back of the card.

The presence or absense of an external SCSI connector is not enough
to distinguish between the Sun2 SCSI board and the Sun3 SCSI board.
Most Sun3 SCSI boards have the external connector, but some only
have the connections to the VME backplane (on the P2 connector).

>     Unfortunately it has only
> a serial console[%], which means it's unusable with the binary snapshot
> kernel (it hangs hard, very soon after the device probe messages are
> complete).  I intend to use the diskless machine to do kernel work
> until I have a zs driver that doesn't hang, and then switch over to the
> other machine, to which I expect to add some disk....

Unfortunately, the zs driver does not take interrupts correctly on the
Sun3/150 (also on the Sun3/160 and Sun3/75 which are the same CPU).
It probably has something to do with the chip configuration stuff,
such as vectored IACK vs. autovectored, etc. though I don't have
any machines with this CPU board to debug the problem with.
You can use DDB on this machine, but once you let the kernel run
to the point where the console is "opened" you loose control.
(can't get back into DDB because even break is ignored)
Note that if you let it go multi-user, you CAN rlogin to it.
(All this info was discovered by Chuck Silvers - Thanks!)

> [%] Well, it does have a bwtwo, but I have no monitor for that; all I
>     have is R/G/B/sync color monitors for the cgtwos in the -3/260s.
>     I've considered taking a cgtwo from one of the /260s and putting it
>     in the /150....

The display will not help.  The keyboard uses the "zs" driver...

Gordon