Subject: previous declaration of `catclose'
To: None <tuc@valhalla.stormking.com>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/22/1995 14:00:01
> From: "Scott J. Ellentuch" <tuc@valhalla.stormking.com>
> Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 11:24:04 -0400 (EDT)

> In der Mouse's own words (And I ">_") :
> > > I guess I really never ran into this since Linux on my PC took an
> > > hour or so and I've put 30 into this and only have about 490 .o's in
> > > libc. (NOT blaming the OS, just the 3/50 and possibly Linux NFS).
> >
> > It took my diskless Sun-3/260 about a week to do a full rebuild
> > (everything except the kernel).
> >
> 	OUCH!  Hey, these things happen.  I'm prepared.  If I get more
> serious about it maybe I'll push the Linux guys for a Sun3 port
> (They already do Amiga and Mac (And Atari?)) and run NetBSD on the
> PC as my main system. (I have a Class C Lan in my house. Pretty bad,
> huh?)

The Sun3 is only a 20 MHz mc68020 (or 25MHz for the 3/260).
That, combined with small memory mean it will be slow doing
compilation no matter what you run on it.  If you give it more
RAM, a real disk, and fix the SCSI driver to do DMA, then it
would get to be reasonable (full build in a few days 8^)

I've been too busy keeping up with other things to work on the
SCSI driver much.  I wish I had more free time...

Gordon