Subject: Re: ...Almost got this 3/50 booted...
To: Scott J. Ellentuch <tuc@valhalla.stormking.com>
From: Rubin Binder <rbinder@ugly.UVic.CA>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/22/1995 17:10:29
On Mon, 22 May 1995, Scott J. Ellentuch wrote:

> In Rubin  Binder's own words (And I ">_") :
> >

> > Hello all, I am very close to netbooting NetBSD on my Sun 3/50 from
> > my Linux machine.  I've worked hard to get this far :-)... and
> > won't stop until it works!
> >
> I followed (and subsuquently modified) the INSTALL doco, but I've got it
> booted off my 1.2.4 box.  The only OTHER thing people will tell you is
> that you need to get a MC68882 chip otherwise your going to have some more
> problems.
>
> 				Scott

Really... so someone has actually booted it from a Linux machine... that's
good news!  If you have the time, can you tell me what versions of
bootparamd, nfsd, mountd and portmapd that you are using?  (The
modified INSTALL doco would be nice).

If I actually get NetBSD booting and working from my Linux machine,
I will reimburse the NetBSD community by writing a good step-by-step-
boot-your-surplus-sun3-from-linux documet :-).

Rubin Binder
Director, Canadian Computer Recyclers Assn.
...where we try 'em all.