Subject: Re: previous declaration of `catclose'
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/21/1995 15:59:18
> Well, I'm trying to compile the Sun 3 kernel from scratch (Thats a
> story in and of itself) and I've run into a little problem :

> # make
> ===> lib
> ===> csu
> ===> m68k

This looks more like a "make" in /usr/src, which will not build you a
kernel.

> ===> c++
> ===> libarch
> ===> libc
> cc -O -DNLS -DYP -DLIBC_SCCS -DSYSLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DPOSIX_MISTAKE -DFLOATING_POINT  -c /src/lib/libc/nls/catclose.c
> /src/lib/libc/nls/catclose.c:20: conflicting types for `catclose'
> /usr/include/nl_types.h:46: previous declaration of `catclose'
> *** Error code 1

> I'm 'SUP' to the minute...... Where do I go from here?

Try "make -n build", which will indicate the correct order to rebuild
things in.  In particular, you should do include files first, libraries
second, and then the rest of the world; if you're making a big jump,
you will also need to tweak a couple of other things, such as the
special-case necessary to rebuild lex if your binary is too old to grok
the current scan.l (if lex whines about percent signs in scan.l, copy
initscan.c to scan.c, then "make" / "make install" to install an
up-to-date lex).

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu