Subject: mbuf weirdness...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@SJ.Xenotropic.COM>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/27/1995 21:45:02
Well, Gordon knows about this... :-)

I've been having a helluva time getting my 3/50 to boot
diskless...At first it appeared as if malloc was failing (by way of mget...)

Such, however, is not the case...I traced it down to the `gotreply:'
section of krpc_call() (nfs/krpc_subr.c)...an m_pullup call is made, and
the requested length is greater then MHLEN, causing m_pullup to return
NIL.  Increasing MSIZE in sun3/param.h from 128 to 256 allows the machine
to boot, etc., but I don't believe that that is the correct fix...

Anyway, with MSIZE at 128, MHLEN is 100.  The requested len passed to
m_pullup is 108.  I do not believe that it should be this big.. :-)

The machine is a Sun 3/50, 4mb, no fpu.  The server is an hp380,
NetBSD-current.

Any ideas/pointers from here are much appreciated...

Jason R. Thorpe                                         thorpej@Xenotropic.COM