Subject: Re: X-binaries for NetBSD/Sun3
To: None <Timo.Rinne@hut.fi>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/11/1995 12:23:31
> Is there X11R6 binaries available for NetBSD/Sun3.  I'd like to use a
> few diskless Sun 3/50 as X-terminals, but currently we have only
> SCUMOS and an ancient X-server that sucks bigtime.

You can't use the X server, but I've compiled X11R6 for NetBSD/mac68k
and the libraries, fonts, binaries, etc. should be useful to you.  I've
currently got everything in an 8MB .tgz file--I plan to make it into an
installable package form sometime this weekend, though.

If you'd like to take a look, the tarball is:
ftp://cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu/pub/NetBSD_Mac/X11R6/X.11Mar95.tgz

I'd be rather surprised if the Amiga folks didn't have X available from
somewhere, too...

Cheers,
-allen

--