Subject: the elusive /proc and /kern fses...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lou Ruppert <lruppert@avalon.syr.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/02/1995 13:23:13
Has anyone gotten the /proc or /kern fs running on their sun3s?  It gives me an
'operation not supported by device' when I try mounting it on my diskless
'50.  The kernel is the Feb 24 revision, as I have not been able to compile
my own yet.  (I don't have a SunOS box since my disk crashed, which is
one of the reasons testing NetBSD has such a lure to it now :>, and I
can't seem to get it to compile itself.)  Also, where could I find
programming specs on the NetBSD kern and proc filesystems?  I used to
have them on NetBSD/i386 before I converted my second PC to Linux, but
I never could find any programs that used it.

- -Lou
(who loves the /proc fs, and misses it dearly on gibeon, his sun3)

"Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone."   -Hobbes
Lou Ruppert			lruppert@mailbox.syr.edu
	"The UNIX Weenie home page": http://avalon.syr.edu/
My opinions are my own.  My attention span isn't long enough for