Subject: Re: misc problems
To: None <gwr@mc.com>
From: Jeff Weisberg <jaw@magoo.roc.ny.us>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/18/1995 23:40:21
[...]
| Those are in sun3/machdep.c:
|   -rw-r--r--  1 gwr         38934 Dec 21 06:18 machdep.c
|
| Did SUP miss that one or something?

my fault. oops.

| > since the new le code, my system (3/50 diskless) is only
| > able to stay up for several minutes before hanging, usually
| > while doing the rc files, and always with the current process
| > waiting on "thrd_sleep"
|
| Is the le driver giving you any messages?
| Do you have a third machine (not server or client)
| that could run tcpdump to look at what's happening?

I don't notice anything interesting, when I said it hangs,
it doesn't really hang; during /etc/rc somewhere in the vicinity
around portmap-timed the current process hangs waiting for
thrd_sleep (as told by ^T which still works). tcpdump tells me
that there are even occasional nfs packets flying ...

	--jeff