Subject: Netbooting
To: None <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@jericho.mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/16/1995 13:56:24
> From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
> Date: 	Mon, 16 Jan 1995 13:15:17 -0500

> I'm getting a Sun 3/160 soon, and I have NetBSD running on my Amiga.

> What I want to do is put SunOS on the hard drive, and boot NetBSD over
> the network from my Amiga.  What software will I need to install on my
> Amiga to do this?  Bootparamd?  Tftpd?  RARP?  Where do I get this stuff?

First take a look on your Amiga at the NetBSD man page: diskless.8
The NetBSD/amiga system has all the above mentioned programs (yes
you need them all).  The only SunOS program you need to copy onto
the Amiga is /usr/kvm/stand/boot.sun3 which gets installed into
/tftpboot/boot.sun3 with a link as described in diskless.8

Let me know if you find the man page insufficient.

Gordon