Subject: Re: SCSI driver broken
To: None <gwr@mc.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/03/1995 17:15:14
   By the way, the SCSI driver quit working after the new common
   SCSI code went in.

Phil Nelson mentioned that he's also having problems with the PC532
version of the 5380 driver.  I don't know why; I didn't see anything
obvious, and I don't have a machine to debug it on.

   I'm not sure why yet, and I'm not sure I
   want to spend time fixing the old sun3 scsi driver because it
   would be better to spend the time writing a better driver.

I concur.  The current driver sucks.

   I've started porting the aic6360 driver for the sun3, but
   it will be a while before it is ready to fly...

I'm working on a 53c94 version for the SPARC port myself.  (I got
stuck and have to wait for the manual to arrive, though.)