Subject: Status report (Good news!)
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@jericho.mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/21/1994 17:44:03
I've finally been able to put enough time into the NetBSD/sun3
project to get the kernel into fairly reliable condition.

My test machine (Sun3/60, 4MB RAM, SCSI disk) survives overnight
on my thrashing test (run more processes than will fit in RAM)
without any process dropping core or anything!

Here is a summary of the changes:

* Many, many changes to the pmap code, including some design
  changes to allow more thorough consistency checking.

* Update pmap and startup code to use MACHINE_NONCONTIG, so
  the kernel will "keep off" the Sun3/50 video RAM buffer.
  (The Sun3/50 should now work with the bwtwo console.)

* Killed several bugs...  (Yea!)

How to get the new stuff:

I am told that the SUP server should begin serving NetBSD-current
again sometime later today, so you should start doing SUP updates
and watch for this stuff to appear...

Happy Thanksgiving  (gluttony day, for those outside the USA :-)
Gordon Ross