Subject: Re: More queries...
To: Gordon Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: None <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/09/1994 20:03:43
In message <9411091730.AA16849@bach>, gwr@jericho.mc.com writes:

>First, you should still boot it in single user mode for now.
>	>b le() -s
>The clock problem is something that (I think) I fixed recently.
>You might make sure you have the latest kernel: (netbsd-gen.gz)
>  @(#)NetBSD 1.0 (GENERIC) #427: Tue Oct 25 02:00:49 EDT 1994

Hmm. I'd been using

        NetBSD 1.0_BETA (DISKLESS) #343: Fri Jul 29 00:12:08 EDT 1994

which booted single user automatically...

I haven't gotten the GENERIC #427 to get past the clock error yet
(this time it says the clock is 6 days behind), and my ethernet has
gone to the dogs again (I begin to wonder about the state of this sun3
I'm working on). In the meantime...

>Anyway, make sure the kernel is up to date before you bother to
>replace the clock battery.  (Does SunOS complain about the clock?)

Sorry, I don't have SunOS handy... (I really need to get a disk for
this machine...)

>> 2. At any point after the kernel has loaded, pressing L1-A yields:
>>
>> Stopped at _Debugger+0x6:   unlk   a6
>> db>
>
>That's what it's supposed to do.  With DDB, it's sort of like when
>SunOS is booted under kadb;  L1-A drops into the debugger.

You misunderstand; it gets the db> prompt and hangs. No keystrokes
echo, and nothing happens. I have to power cycle the machine.

Ideas?

--jhawk